Frequently Asked Questions
How much do web designers in Memphis Charge?
The answer to this question depends on the uniqueness of your project, how many revisions are needed, timeline, budget, and whether the project is a partial re-design, complete overhaul of an existing site, or building a site from scratch.
For instance, if you need help making an existing website better like mobile-friendly for mobile devices, improve conversions through split-testing, then it may cost between $750 and $5,000.
Conversely, companies that offer web hosting, social media management, site upkeep, as-needed graphic designs may charge around $1000-$5,000 a month.
If designing a new website from scratch, costs may exceed $10,000, depending on complexity.
Again, it is hard to give an accurate answer without knowing your project and what you are looking to do.
What does a typical day at work look like?
A designer’s role varies depending on their employer but some common tasks include:
– Creating wireframes
– Communicating with clients via email/phone calls
– Developing concepts and ideas for navigation
– Designing the site with HTML, CSS or a CMS like WordPress
– Creating graphics/images to use on-site pages
and much more!
How long will it take to design a website?
It really depends on who you are and the complexity of your project. Some web designers may be able to do this within (1) week, while others might need a longer time frame like (45) days.
Best case scenario, we recommend finding an experienced designer that can turn around work quickly without sacrificing quality for those people looking for sites which function well across all devices including mobile phones and tablets.
How much does it cost per hour?
The answer will vary based on where the service is being rendered as well as if there’s a contract in place (i.e., hourly rate x hours). That said, some companies offer fixed rates at $150-$300/hour but then clients are billed for the full day if they go over.
What is a web designer’s job description?
This may vary depending on who you work with and what their needs happen to be at that time. A website designer will typically do some or all of these tasks:
– Designing graphics, logos, buttons, banners etc.
– Creating wireframes in collaboration with clients
– Communicating ideas about navigation through sketches and mockups (either digital or hand drawn) while collaborating closely with client(s). If this includes coding then it could also encompass debugging code errors found later down the line so as not to affect site performance negatively.
How much do I need to save for hiring a web designer in Memphis, TN?
The answer to this question will depend on how much work you need done, the amount of time it will take for a web designer to get that task done (how many hours/days), and what your budget is.
For instance, if you only want some tweaks made like adding social media buttons or increasing conversion rates by making mobile-friendly changes then there shouldn’t be too high an upfront cost.
On the other hand, designing from scratch with no idea at all about where to start could require several thousand dollars up front in order for a professional website design company to properly do their job well.
How much does it for website maintenance and social media management?
This really depends on who you hire from local web design agencies all the way up to freelancers working remotely.
The sky is literally the limit when it comes to pricing because there isn’t an industry standard per se (more than likely due to how diverse digital marketing can be).
Pricing will also depend on several factors like:
– How many hours per month are needed?
-Do you need hack prevention monitoring
-Site upkeep and brute force/malware attack prevention
-Monitoring social media channels for customer feedback and interactions
– What kind of services will be required (i.e., social media management, just website design)?
– Will a monthly contract be required?
– What other services will the web design company provide to you (i.e., social media marketing, graphic design)?
How do I get started?
– Collect some ideas for what you want on your site. Make a list of all the things that are important to you: graphics, color scheme, layout etc. This will help whittle down designers who might be good for doing what it is you’re looking to accomplish with a website in Memphis – or at least give them an idea so they can offer their input when asking about pricing/hours etc.
– Consider hiring someone based off reviews rather than just going by price alone (although this might not always be possible). For example: read through design portfolios and take note if there’s any consistency among client feedback about that designer’s work being high quality.
– Pick a designer (or company) that you like and have them come up with some proposals for your site to see what the cost is going to be. This will give both of you an idea of how much time they’re estimating it’s going to take, which in turn will help determine if there’ll need to be any upfront costs or not.
How do I know when hiring someone is worth it?
This all depends on circumstance – but often times this means making sure the website design agency has experience designing sites like yours as well as ensuring their work history features satisfied clients who were happy with the end result/ saw increased performance following website updates. You might also want to consider asking about other potential benefits such as: SEO, web hosting/management, maintenance, and so on.
What if I just need a small change?
If you have an idea of what needs to be done but don’t know where to start with making changes then consider finding someone who can help out – this could even include hiring them for that specific task only without needing the mpnthly package.
For example: paying $500 bucks for someone to make some tweaks while having their company manage your site’s SEO would save time in the long run as well as give you peace of mind knowing everything is being taken care of properly.
This will also ensure any bugs found are fixed before they get too big and affecting your site performance negatively (which means more than likely more consistent traffic and higher rankings).
– If you need to make a drastic change like switching from WordPress for instance, then it might be worth hiring someone who can do the entire project.
This way they’re able to maintain your site’s consistency across all platforms (mobile) while also making sure SEO is prioritized so that nothing falls through the cracks in regards to search engine optimization
What types of websites does your company design?
We specialize in both e-commerce and lead generating websites. We have experience with both WordPress (e-commerce) as well as Shopify (lead generating).
What is the difference between a website designer and web developer?
A website designer designs your site whereas a web developer codes it. It’s important to note that some designers will be able to code too while other developers might not necessarily provide design services.
How much time does designing my new website take?
This all depends on what you’re looking to accomplish – and just how much of a hand in the design process you want. For example: if it’s something simple then there won’t be too many meetings/discussions about your vision but if this is for a big project like an e-commerce site, then expect more back and forth until both you and the designer are 100% satisfied with what they’ve come up with.
What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, refers to all of the things a website does in order to rank higher on Google for certain keywords that people might be searching for when looking for products/services like yours. This includes: meta tags, keywords and descriptions as well as backlinks to your website.
How hard is it for me to maintain my own website?
It really depends on what you’re needing done – but if you just need someone who can make minor tweaks while also hosting/managing the site’s SEO, then it should be fairly easy without having any prior knowledge or experience in web design.
Can digital agencies help me with SEO and content marketing strategies too?
– Yes! This is an area we specialize in and can provide more info on what you need to rank higher, how often content should be created etc.
How do I know if my web designer has experience with the type of site that I’m looking for?
You’ll want to ask about other clients they’ve had who have sites like yours as well as ensure their work history features satisfied clients who were happy with the end result/ saw increased performance following website updates.”
What are some things your company offers outside of design services or support after launch?
We offer any number of solutions depending on a client’s needs – but these include: SEO (search engine optimization), maintenance, marketing strategy development, logo creation and so much more.
What are some things I should be wary about when hiring a web designer?
Be mindful of deadlines and if they’re willing to work with you on the timeline/schedule that’s realistic for your project needs. You don’t want to have someone who is too busy but also not able to give you what you need in time either.
How many pages does my website need?
It really depends on how much content there will be, but generally speaking, at least six or seven pages would suffice (including home page, contact us page etc). This number can change depending on your goals though – for example: an e-commerce site might require more than twenty while say a lead-generating website might only feature one blog post.
What are the benefits of hiring a professional web designer?
It’s important to hire someone who knows what they’re doing with websites, otherwise you risk having your site go down or not rank as well.
This is an area where being too cheap can have negative effects on performance and traffic so it might be worth spending that little bit extra if needed.”
How much do WordPress developers charge?
it’s hard to say without looking at a project’s needs and goals – but generally speaking, prices can range from $1,500+ for a basic WordPress site with around three to five pages total – but more complicated sites will vary in price depending on needs/goals etc.
For example: ecommerce sites with several hundred products could start upwards of $10,000+ while lead generating sites may only cost $750-$3,000 (depending on goals).